The goal in life is to join humanity to work together to love, nourish, and protect this big, beautiful diverse world that we all share. To be a good listener, help others, and have respect for one another.
- Be a good listener– Listen with all of your attention. Practice to not give opinion or advice unless asked. When you are in a disagreement with someone it is important to hear them out fully. This helps get a better understanding of where they are coming from, what is happening in their mind, and what the other person is going through and feeling.
- Don’t make excuses- Learn from your mistakes and own them. Pointing fingers at someone else for your own failures will lead you to no mans land. We all make mistakes and it is okay. This means that you are trying. If you keep on trying one day you will be successful.
- Help Others- Helping others is one of the best ways to become a better human. Sometimes it is important to put others first and help them in times of need. Donate clothes to those who need it. Buy a homeless man a meal. Be kind. Helping someone else in a small way does big things in the field of energy surrounding us. Other ways can be as simple as holding the door for someone, helping bring in the groceries, or helping out a co-worker. A little kindness here and there goes a long way.
- Have Respect for Others- You do not have to agree with other people to respect them. It is okay to have different view points, for if we all thought the same what kind of world would that be? We are all different, beautiful creatures with our own thoughts and ideas. Everyone deserves respect. Ways to show respect can be as simple as cleaning up after yourself, saying thank you, and throwing your trash in the garbage. If you just washed your kitchen floor and someone walked in and left mud all over it you would feel disrespected? Yes. Be respectful in both public and private places and treat them like your own.
- Educate yourself. If there is something going on in news outlets that you simply do not understand, learn about it! Watch news from sources that are not biased to the opinion you yourself hold. Look for sources telling the other side of the argument. Every single one of us is connected through energy. We are all different people whom consume different religions, races, and cultures. Strive to be unbiased and you will then be a good human.
- Forgive- Letting go of your angry thoughts and resentment will help you grow into a stronger person. Forgiveness can be challenging, but it will lead to inner peace and can help set you free.
- Stand your ground- This is to brace oneself and maintain one’s position during or when anticipating an attack.
- Figure out what you like- Find out what you are passionate about, what you can’t stop doing, and what it is that you are excited to do on the daily. I have found joy as a child in dance, and as I grew in choreography. Now I am interested in running and taking yoga classes. However, I am 100% sure diving into dance would make me the happiest person in the world. Happy people can only make others happy.
- Let new people into your life- We build up walls to keep ourselves safe, to prevent our hearts from being broken, and to keep our trust from being violated, However, the walls we put up to eliminate things from happening can cause us to block out potential relationships that may bring joy to our lives. Confront your past and learn from your mistakes. Don’t keep letting the same kind of person into your life and don’t make the same mistakes that have led to your relationships failure. Our past shapes us, but it does not define us. No one is perfect and sometimes you need to be forgiving of their downfalls. Don’t be afraid to tell your loved ones how you feel.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself- When you accept yourself as the unique individual that you are, you stop trying to hide aspects of yourself for which you feel irrational shame. You stop feeling guilty for things that were beyond your control. When you start feeling the freedom and joy of being yourself, you will not feel the need to go back to caring what other people think of you. You’ll than not only find people that you are compatible with, but you will take control of your own life. You’ll start manifesting your own vision in the external world. Once you start living in accordance with your true desires, it is logical that you will then start attracting people who are compatible with your true self. You will start to understand the value of your unique contribution and you’ll cease to sell yourself short.
- Discover new things- Trying new things can be undoubtedly daunting and the act of leaving our comfort zone puts us in a vulnerable position with an onslaught of questions running through our heads. Too often we let fear stop us, but pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones is actually good for us.
- Keep people in your life that you need- People need people. It is as simple as that. Keep the good and faithful ones around. Communication and honesty is key to a good relationship. Get close to the friend that actually hears you. Stay close to motivated dreamers, optimism, and the no-judgment zone. Stay near people who are happy for you when you achieve a goal and when you fail, they will encourage you to get back up and take a different approach. You do not need a condescending person in your life, who puts you below themselves. Stay away from people who gossip and jealous people. Stay away from those who are not happy for your achievements. Stay away from toxic, negative people.
- Take responsibility for your actions- Mistakes happen. Own them. Move on! This means that accepting your own actions may have led you to the situation you’re in now, whether you like it or not. It also means celebrating yourself when you have done something great. Be proud of yourself when you succeed at something. By realizing that you are in charge of your own life, you will then find it easier to start creating and maintaining your own happiness. You are accountable for failures as well as successes. When you take ownership if things start to go wrong, then you will step into solution mode. Accountability helps you achieve your goals and can help you succeed. It can give you motivation when things get tough.
- Listen to your own instincts- If something from within you is telling you that there is something wrong than it probably is. Listen to yourself because you know the answers from within. Listen to your own instincts about not only situations surrounding you, but also about your health. You know your body better than anyone else and if you feel that something is wrong, seek medical advice. Your spirit knows what is right for you. Trust your own inner guidance.
- Love yourself- Do you take care of your body, mind, and your needs? Here are ways that you could be showing your body and mind self-love: ((Sleeping properly, eating healthy, giving yourself time and space to understand your spirituality, exercising regularly, thanking yourself and those around you, playing when you need it, avoiding toxic influences, and reflecting upon oneself through writing down your thoughts or meditating.))
- Expressing Gratitude. Research suggests that gratitude may be associated with many benefits for individuals including better physical and psychological health, increased happiness and life satisfaction, and decreased materialism. If you want to be proud of yourself and who you are, take action when you say you’ll take action. How do you feel when someone says they will do something and then they don’t? They lose credibility. So build your own credibility with yourself and live with integrity. We are capable of believing in ourselves and living the best life we possibly can. The trick is you have to find what you are passionate about, what your purpose is and to appreciate what you have right now, rather than wanting things to be different.
38 TIPS FOR SELF GROWTH:
1. Do what you love
2. Find an enjoyable hobby
3. Learn from failure and success stories
4. Be ambitious
5. Find and follow your passion
6. Be creative
7. Be practical
8. Avoid being materialistic
9. Be a good listener
10. Self help books
11. Give it your best
12. Create powerful habits
13. Stop trying to impress
14. Become a natural leader
15. Understand work politics
16. Don’t be an open book
17. Pursue an enjoyable hobby
18. Teach others
19. Spend time with great and creative people
20. Love yourself
21. Put your health, emotions, and family first
22. Be disciplined
23. Continually improve your life
24. Get the necessary skills
Attend workshops, training sessions, and classes to get the necessary skills to take you to the next level
25. Be curious
24. Keep fit
25. Do not procrastinate
26. Rise early
27. Do volunteer jobs
28. Help people
29. Have a career plan
30. Kill the bad habits. Stop wasting time and money partying too much
32. Stand your ground
33. Let new people into your life
34. Don’t be afraid to be yourself
35. Discover new things
36. Keep people in your life that you need
37. Take responsibility for your actions
38. Listen to your instincts